Dental veneer (sometimes called porcelain veneer or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance.
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. You will need to discuss the best choice of veneer material for you with your dentist.
Advantages of laminate:
- Providing a natural appearance
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash as you normally would.